BACP Organisational Member
This project is part funded by the EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund. Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.
Aims of the Project
As an organisational member of BACP the project aims to:
- Be a “listening” service for asylum seeker and refugee children and young people living in Kingston-upon-Hull.
- Help parents with counselling and dealing with problems relating to health, stress, bereavement, trauma and isolation.
- Support and help cultural integration.
- Offer support to families with complex and long term needs.
- Offer help and support to families that would not use the usual “pathways” (e.g. GP’s) to seek the help they need.
- Build trust and confidence with the clients we work with.
- Act as a “bridge” to help families access other services available to them.
- Work in partnership with other statutory and voluntary organizations e.g. Refugee Council
- Be culturally sensitive
- Work closely with school to help with child/school difficulties.