BACP Organisational Member
Aims of the Project
As an organisational member of BACP the project aims to:
- Be a “listening” service for asylum seeker and refugee children and young people living in Kingston-upon-Hull.
- Help parents with counselling and dealing with problems relating to health, stress, bereavement, trauma and isolation.
- Support and help cultural integration.
- Offer support to families with complex and long term needs.
- Offer help and support to families that would not use the usual “pathways” (e.g. GP’s) to seek the help they need.
- Build trust and confidence with the clients we work with.
- Act as a “bridge” to help families access other services available to them.
- Work in partnership with other statutory and voluntary organizations e.g. Refugee Council
- Be culturally sensitive
- Work closely with school to help with child/school difficulties.